Sarra Kay is a full-time commerical arbitrator and mediator. She has:
- over 32 years of dispute resolution experience; and
- over 750 appointments as an arbitrator.
Core practice areas are:
- Banking & Financial Services.
- International Trade & Commodities.
- Energy & Natural Resources (e.g. E&P; concessions).
- General Commercial Disputes.
Background. Sarra was a solicitor at Clifford Chance, one of the world's leading international law firms and in-house counsel at JPMorgan Chase & Co, one of the world's leading investment banks, where she worked with business leaders and on oversight committees.
Unique perspective. Sarra has a unique perspective having experienced disputes from five perspectives: (1) private practice lawyer; (2) in-house counsel; (3) the end-user client; (4) commercial arbitrator and (5) commercial mediator.
FinTech. Sarra has a particular interest in FinTech spanning cryptoassets and their transferability via distributed ledger technology (using a blockchain) and the enforceabiliy of smart contracts (particularly in the derivatives space).
Personal. Sarra is married, loves music and has twins. The latter help her mediation practice!