- Having drafted terms and conditions for, and reviewed user terms and conditions of, digital platforms that service the ever-complex and developing financial services and commodities sectors, my interest in FinTech-related disputes is grounded in experience. I have a particular interest in the application of blockchain, smart contract, crypto currency and crypto-asset technology in structured products and derivative contracts.
Commercial Litigator & Arbitrator Forum (CLF)
- On 6 November 2018, I shall attend the Commercial Litigator & Arbitrator Forum Conference in London (instigated by the CLF) where I will be speaking about the LCIA arbitration rules.
P.R.I.M.E. Conference in New York
- On 4 October 2018, I attended the P.R.I.M.E. Finance Conference in New York, which marked the 10 year anniverary of the Lehman's crisis.
Freedom of the City of London
- On 19 April 2018, I was admitted as a Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Shipwrights and of the City of London having been approved by the Court in December 2017.
Report of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR Task Force on Financial Institutions and International Arbitration
On 17 May 2017, I attended the launch of the Report of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR Task Force on Financial Institutions and International Arbitration.
- The Task Force examined the use of arbitration as a dispute resolution mechanism in the context of derivatives, sovereign finance, investment arbitration, regulatory matters. international financing, Islamic finance disputes, international FI, development FI, export credit agencies, advisory matters and Asset Management